Sunday, September 28, 2008

Help Me! I can't see!!

Thursday I took my daughter to get her eyes checked. It really needed to be done before school started but I ran out of time. She was hit in PE this week and bend her glasses so I figured it was time. I also figured that it was time for me to get mine checked too since I've been having some trouble with my contacts.

So there I was sitting in the doctor's chair with the big contraption on my face and the doctor flipping lenses saying, "one or two", "one or two". Ummmmm, neither? Everything was blurry! Aaauuuggghh! I'm going more blind than I already was! So the doctor removes one contraption and uses another and then proceeds to say, "Ohhhhhh" as she looks in my eye. Turns out I have a bad infection in my right eye. Let's look in the other eye. "Ohhhhh". Turns out I have a bad infection in my left eye. No wonder I haven't been able to see very well. She went through all the symptoms that I "must" have been having with the infection but I have had NONE. I just couldn't see very well.

So now I have to throw away my contacts (that I just replaced a few days ago), my cases, my solution, my makeup and have to put drops in my eyes for the next week (oh yes, and the TINY bottle of drops cost $77 WITH insurance!) But the worst part of the whole thing is that I have to wear my glasses for the next two weeks. Aauuugghh! So please don't laugh when you see me in my 5 year old glasses.

2 comments:

shreena5 said...

Ooh, I was just thinking today that we need to get together for lunch soon. Now I get to giggle at your glasses? What luck! :)

Leah said...

Ugh, those eyedrops are SO expensive! I had to go through 2 round of them last summer. So frustrating! Hope you are able to wear your contacts again soon!!