Monday, December 12, 2005

Welcome to my Monday

All right, in case there is any doubt in your mind that I live in a sit-com, let me give you the run down on my morning.

Blake managed to fix the garage door opener last weekend so now I don't have to raise the door by hand (yea!). I usually wait to open the door until Andrew is in the car so it won't scare him but today I was in a bit of a hurry and thought that he was past the garage door and about to get in the car so I pushed the button on my way into the garage. Oops. Andrew was NOT on his side of the car but instead was directly behind the car. Don't know how this happened but the garage door caught his backpack on the way up so there goes my son UP into the air dangling from his backpack. I drop everything, including my purse, my work bag, my lunch, my earrings, his coat, my coat...., and run to Andrew while screaming at Alyssa to stop the door. I grab Andrew by the legs to keep him from falling after I realize that he is not hurt and it's not his body that is caught. Alyssa is yelling that she doesn't know how to stop the door but finally manages to push the right button. Andrew is screaming bloody murder while dangling from his backpack that is dangling from the raised garage door. We finally managed to get the door down and my son detatched. I'm laughing hysterically, Andrew is crying, and Alyssa is shaking. Got everyone calmed down and loaded in the car. So now Andrew is telling everyone that he got to go for a ride on the garage door. You couldn't make this stuff up!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

This is HYSTERICAL! I am sitting at my desk laughing while all my coworkers think I am crazy. Thanks for the laugh!!!

Sharla said...

Who knew garage doors could be so much fun? Too funny!!!