Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Today I had to take off my official second sick day from work. Ally went on a field trip yesterday and came home exhausted. Of course it was "errand" day yesterday so we didn't get home until after 5 with her complaining the whole time how tired she was. After making her eat (pick at) her dinner she started complaining how cold she was (FYI--yesterday's high temp was almost 100). Yup, my daughter had a fever. Bad mommy, ignoring her complaints all afternoon. I just thought she was tired. We were going to see how she felt in the morning and be bad and send her to school if she was better (had prefect attendance for the year). So this morning we got up, started getting ready....no fever....when she suddenly lost ALL color in her face and had to lay down or throw up. By 11:00 she felt fine and was dancing around the house. Pretty sad. Made it until two weeks before school is out and get sick for the first time. I do know what happened though. I got an e-mail from Ally's Brownie leader and apparently both leaders are sick and so are 6 of the girls--well 7 now. See camping is BAD for your health. Give me a fancy hotel any day!! Gotta go fumigate.

No comments: