Saturday, May 06, 2006


Andrew managed to make it to 5 years old this week. And Blake and I made it to 15 years. (Am I the only one who thinks that sounds like a REALLY long time to be married? How can I be married for 15 years and yet be only 29???) The Rangers were in town this week so the kids and I celebrated by ourselves. Andrew got to pick where to go for dinner and then it was home for cake and presents. (Yes, my romantic anniversary dinner was at McDonalds with two hyper children and no husband.) It took exactly 11 minutes after we got home before the red Power Ranger (thank you Jason and Leah) was fighting the roaring dinosaur (thank you mom and dad). Blake managed to get off work early since they were slow so he got to spend a few minutes with the kids before bedtime.

Alyssa is off tonight camping with her Brownie troop. Of course it has rained every night for the past three days and it's very cloudy right now. They may get wet but I think they'll have fun. The girls were so excited to get to go. It's the very first overnight trip for our troop. I'm just glad it's them and not me. Notice I didn't volunteer to chaperone this trip. This summer the troop is taking a trip to Seaworld (you get to spend the night in the park and then tour Seaworld the next day.) I was going to try to go to that one but it was turning out to be a big ordeal trying to figure out what to do with Andrew so I passed. We are going to try to go this summer as a family. The Brownies are going at the end of July so other than those two days, I'm free to travel wherever I'm needed (as long as the air conditioner works). FYI -- May 25 is my last work day and I don't have to go back until mid-July.

Hey, guess what .... I think I broke my little toe. Not completely sure, I may have to ask the expert who lives in Euless about it. But last night as I was stumbling back to bed after letting the cat in out of the rain (about 2:30 am and drugged on a sleeping pill) I kicked the vacuum cleaner hard enough to wake Blake up. Teach me not to put things away. So the pain in my toe kept waking me up for the rest of the night and today I still can't walk on it. It's not really bruised but it just throbs all the time. So if it's not broken it just needs to stop hurting!! Okay, so how am I suppose to wear heels to church tomorrow? I can't wear sandals (hurts) and I don't think my tennis shoes match my dress.

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Um, the broken toe expert in Euless would be happy to watch Andrew for a couple days so you could go to Sea World. Just a thought.

Tracy said...

Hey, we spent the night last night at the Pacific Science Center with 400 other Junior Girl Scouts! What a coincidence! Oh, and our first camping trip is in two weeks - but I'm the "cool" (definition: stupid) mom who is taking all the girls!