Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Hey, guess what....we survived the first three days of school! The two weeks before, we had to go up to the school everyday ALL DAY. And I still wasn't ready. Oh well. I figure for the first few days, as long as every child arrives and leaves safe, it is considered a good day. My computer at work is messing up so that is throwing everything behind.

I did have a hard time that first day since my baby is going to Kindergarten and my other baby is no way old enough to be in 4th grade. I can't image how hard it would have been if they had been at a different school. Both kids seem to like it so far. Ally has fit right in and the teachers are commenting that it's like she has been there since Kindergarten. Andrew was a bit quiet after the first day. Wouldn't tell me much of what they did but he made up for it yesterday. I now know EVERYTHING that his class said and did all day. It was great!

The new part of my job is going okay. I have After School Care totally staffed with very reliable people who I think will do a great job. I am just trying to keep them happy and not too overwhelmed. So....I have been staying at work until 6:00 to make sure they and the kids are comfortable with the routine. I did get to leave today at 5:00. Yeah! I figure by next week all will be set and we can get home at a decent hour. Not that my kids will want to. They like playing with their friends up there.

Sad news on the home front. Max has run away. He has been gone for almost a week now. I don't think he's coming back. Blake had gotten up to get ready for work and found the gerbil cage knocked over and the door open. No gerbils. We couldn't find them anywhere! And I looked everywhere I could think of. Threw the cat in the bathroom while we looked and I finally figured out they may have squeezed under the entertainment center. Sure enough, we found them. Andrew's black one was fine but Max got ahold of the other one (the fat slow one). He didn't look very good. His eye was bloody and closed, his back was bloody and he wasn't using one of his front paws. I was so upset with the cat that I threw him outside before I wrung his little neck. So now I feel bad that he hasn't come back. My kitty ran away because I was mad at him. I hope he's okay. Maybe he'll still come home. On a positive note, the gerbil seems to be almost back to his old self. After a few days of laying in the corner of the cage shivering and sleeping, he is back to running all over the cage....just not with the use of one front paw.

Needless to say, it has been a stressful couple weeks at out house. Hopefully now that school is back in session, we will settle nicely into a routine.

Our computer seems to be okay now but we are still a bit leary of it. Every once in a while it decides not to turn on but we think it has to do with the keyboard. It just likes a different one sometimes. So we have three keyboards that we can just change out. Dumb computer. Ooops, I didn't mean that. Please don't shut down on me and erase my pictures!

Glad to be back in blog land. Hopefully I won't be gone so long next time.

1 comment:

Leah said...

YEAH!!! Michelle is back in blogland! We are sad about the animal drama so maybe you should just get pugs. Just kidding. It was good to hear from you again and I look forward to more updates.
Jason