Monday, August 28, 2006

Well, it's the third week of school and I'm just now beginning to feel ready to start the year. My work computer is still acting up but my "to do" pile is no longer touching the ceiling. I even feel like I have a handle on the accounting part of After School Care. (For those of you who don't know, accounting was the only course in school that drove me insane. To survive the two semesters of classes, all I had to do was take what I thought was the correct way to do the problems and do the exact opposite. Can you say right-brained??) Of course Friday I was told that due to other factors like outrageous electric bills, they are cutting my budget. Like I'm not stressed enough about this. I had it where the program was breaking even and even bringing in a couple hundred extra dollars a month so it should be fine but it was nice to have a big cushion if I needed it. I liked being under budget with a surplus.

On the home front: still no kitty. We finally put away his food dish. It was pretty sad just sitting there in the kitchen for three weeks, empty and unused. Now Blake has been talking about getting a dog. Just a small one. I'm not ready for that yet. Dogs require a lot more work than a cat. I'm still on the lookout for free kittens. I really want an orange one. Though it is nice not to have to take care of any animals right now. (Gerbils don't count. They just play in their cage all day and chew on stuff.)

All right, I'm having trouble making a coherent sentence. I think it's time for bed. I'll say a quick prayer of thanks for the rain today and say goodnight.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

It's nice to see you're still alive! Call me when you get a chance (if you still remember my number). :)

Tracy said...

nononononononono! I would NOT recommend a dog! Actually, we have a great Westie here if you really want to try her out for awhile.
Orange Kitties Rule!

Leah said...

Or we have two pugs you can borrow...ask Sharla, they are lots of fun! I would definitely recommend dogs, but they are lots of work. But so worth it!