Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Break

18 days of no school and no work. What is a girl to do?!?! Today I went to Sharla's and watched her kids while she had another proceedure. They were home by 12 which was a good thing since I had just started going through the cabinets in search of food for the kids. Aunt Michelle was having a brain freeze on what to feed an 18 month-old.

Sunday afternoon our family decided to fight the crowds and go to Toys R Us, just for the fun of it. Shelves were empty and aisles were full. We didn't buy a thing so it wasn't too bad since we didn't have to stand in line. Well, right next door to Toys R Us is a pet store. We decided to go in and let the kids look around since I needed gerbil food anyway. Who knew that it was pet adoption day? So guess what? I got a Christmas present! Isn't he cute. He is an older persian cat who was rescued and up for adoption. They were calling him Harvey but I don't think he looks like a Harvey. So for now, he is just kitty. Kitty is of the less active variety (which is what we wanted) and is very loving. I don't know if it is the breed but he doesn't meow. He kinda snorts instead. Very cute but he really needs a name if anyone has any ideas.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

You get a cute kitty, and I get a lizard. Life is so unfair.

Leah said...

Ooooo, he is really cute. I will have to think of a name for him.

Tracy said...

O'Malley is my favorite. Seymour is a very close second!