Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Well I had to take my first official day off from work yesterday. Andrew managed to get a fever on Sunday. Rules is: no pre-school until they are fever-free for 24 hours. I was really tempted to take him anyway (hoping it wouldn't be too bad on Monday morning) but I decided to actually follow the rules seeing as I work there and, besides, my honest little boy would probably tell them, "I have a fever but my mommy gave me medicine this morning". Honesty can be way over-rated. He seems to be better now though. The fever came on suddenly on Sunday while we were at the store and ran until Monday morning. Then just went away. No other symptoms or anything. I guess I should be grateful it wasn't worse. But I still hated calling into work. I always feel like they think I'm just "playing hookie".

Blake couldn't work from home that day either. He had to go to a mandatory seminar on "Giving Presentations". Of course in two weeks, he will be going to Chicago for a week (wish me luck with that single parent thing) to give a seminar on "Giving Presentations". Hhhmmmmm. Now that is just way too logical. I am so not looking forward to this trip (but then neither is he). The longest trip he's taken has been two days. How am I suppose to sleep for a full week? I hear every single noise when he's gone. Fun fun.

" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " ( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( ) Okay, I feel better now. I just realized that I keep using quotes and parentheses. How annoying. So on that note, I'm off to get the kids ready for bed. Night all. THREE DAYS TIL MOM GETS HERE!!!

No comments: