Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Our Exciting Evening

Today was one of those "try to cram as much stuff into a few hours as humanly possible" days. I almost got everything done off my list -- all but two. Not bad. I was suppose to run by Sharla's church to get Alyssa fitted for her cheer uniform but I found out they may not have all the sizes until tomorrow. So I don't think that counts as not an errand not done. Right?

Anyway, after the kids and I got home from the library, we were all sitting in the living room chatting (okay, Blake was watching poker on TV--blah) and we started to smell something burning. I hadn't started dinner yet so it wasn't the stove (first thought). Could it be the air-conditioner? (No comment about having to turn that thing on in November....so wrong!) Could it be from outside? Where, oh where is this awful smell coming from???? "Hmmmm", says Michelle, "Is it the cat?" Hey! Guess what?! My cat smells like......not smoke......not something burning.......oh, no.......yes, he smells like skunk! Remember our cute little visitors who were living under our driveway. Well apparently, they are still there. We hadn't seen them in a while so we assumed they had left. Nope! I don't think he got a direct hit because he doesn't make your eyes water but he does have a definite odor to him. Can you give a cat a tomato juice bath? And if you can, do I have any volunteers? Dumb cat. Needless to say, he is sleeping in the garage tonight and is NOT leaving the house for the next few days until he learns that skunks are foes, not friends.

So enjoy a good laugh at our expense again. I am signing off now since Max has decided that he likes me and is laying on my mouse cord. Gag....choke.....gag......uuggghhh. Dumb cat.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh no, I can't catch my breath ... that is sooooo funny!!! I can't stop laughing!!!