Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Busy Busy Busy


This is the first time this week I've been able to get on the computer. Monday was my Pokeeno night. The only 2 hours during the month that I am not "mom" or "wife". Of course at 3:30 that afternoon I still had no gift. So the kids and I ran to two different stores trying to come up with something clever. I ended up making a fingernail polish basket (for under $7--yeah me). I think it turned out cute. After all, a person can never have too much fingernail polish (says the girl who owns 312 bottles).

On Tuesday, Andrew had his 4 year old check-up (yes, I know I'm late). So he ended up getting 3 shots, poor thing. But he was a very brave little boy. About half way through the appointment, he figured out that the doctor was talking about giving him shots and he started to tear up. I felt so bad for him. After the doctor, we got to come home for a whopping 45 minutes before it was time to go to a fundraiser for Alyssa's school at "Pump it Up". They have converted a warehouse-type place into LARGE rooms with about 7 inflatable bounce houses, obstacle courses and slides. So for 2+ hours, the kids ran and jumped and climbed until they could hardly move. Needless to say, by the time we left, they were very tired and very stinky! They did go right to sleep when we got home though (after a quick bath, of course)

Tonight is "catch up on housework and homework" night. Not doing too well with that though -- as I sit here at the computer trying to type when I am so tired that I can't make a coherent sentence. So tell me, when did I get so old that staying up until 11:00 wears me out like this?!? I guess I'll go take my walker into the kitchen for my evening prune juice and nightly Dominoes game.

Enjoy the pictures of my sweaty children.

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Poor exhausted Andrew -- that's too cute!

Tracy said...

312 bottles of nail polish! I need to send my girls to visit Aunt Michelle - they would be in little girl heaven! I don't have any - except old dried out kind!